My Generation – Feeling Better Together
The aim of My Generation is to increase the resilience and wellbeing of older people by
offering them a bespoke course. The course is proven to help people increase their social
networks, improve mental wellbeing and increase self-efficacy.
My Generation helps to reduce isolation and loneliness and introduces coping strategies to help people live well.
My Generation is an eight week course of two hours per week.
The first hour consists of a psychoeducational module exploring a different topic each week.
The second hour consists of a wellbeing activity that varies each week.
Courses, Materials and Handouts
- 6.1 Module 1: Unhelpful and helpful thinking
- 6.2 Module 1: Desert island
- 6.3 Module 1: Unhelpful thinking prompts
- 6.4 Module 2: Exploring stress
- 6.5 Module 2: My If Then plan
- 6.6 Module 3: Feelings sheet
- 6.7 Module 3: Emotions
- 6.8 Module 3: Feelings 1
- 6.9 Module 4: Feelings 2
- 6.10 Module 4: The social request of feelings
- 6.11 Module 5: Loss, grief and renewal
- 6.12 Module 5: The four stages of grieving
- 6.13 Module 6: Mindfulness
- 6.14 Module 6: Relaxation
- 6.15 Module 7: Problem solving
- 6.16 Module 7: Problem solving process
- 6.17 Module 8: Ideas for compliments
- 6.18 Module 8: Course overview